Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Beauty Must-Have #2

Beauty Must-Haves, a monthly series featuring a beauty product that I think is an absolute must have (in no particular order). Very similar to product reviews but these products are MUST-HAVES so expect high ratings on these babies. It may include beauty tools and limited edition products featured from the latest collections. So enjoy my new beauty must have series! Missed #1? Click Here


Beauty Must-Have #2: SPF!

So my second beauty must have is SPF! Everyone needs this in their possession whether it’s existing in a product or not; it needs to be worn. SPF is also a cheap and affordable solution to anti-aging because it protects the skin from harsh UVA/UVB rays. It’s recommended that one uses atleast a SPF 15 for minimal sun exposure but if one works outdoors or spends a lot of time in the sun should increase the SPF coverage. I personally use Eucerin Sensitive Skin Extra Protective Moisture Lotion with SPF 30 ($9-$14, 4 fl oz.) because it protects against UVA and UVB rays and its non-comedogenic (doesn’t block pores). Another product that I have is Mac’s Prep & Prime + SPF 50 ($28.00, 1 fl oz.) but it’s a bit on the pricey side so I wear this when I go to the beach or when I’m outdoors longer than usual. I’m not promoting these products; I just want everyone to wear SPF.

Application:
After cleansing my face, I pat it dry and apply my SPF first and moisturizer. Sometimes I mix the two together when I get lazy. After applying those two, then I apply my makeup.



^ See, no trace of it left

No comments: