Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Product Review: NYX Round Lipsticks

Like I mentioned in my swatch post, these lipsticks are great bargain buys. Many beauty addicts are turning to these and so am I. My mother who strictly use to use Lancome, Mac, and Shiseido lipsticks now use these NYX lipsticks on a daily basis.



Product: 4 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Quality: 4 out of 5
Overall: 4 out of 5
Price: $1 - $2
Available:
www.mscuppycakes.com; www.nyxcosmetics.com; www.cherryculture.com
Would I repurchase? Yes!


Pros: A really great cheap alternative with a creamy and smooth texture. The pigmentation differs amongst the different type of finishes but generally the pigmentation is good. I also like the packaging because on the end of the lipstick (base end) shows the color of the lipstick (although not too precise).

Cons: The only con I see is these lipsticks are that they contain this coconut-ty flavoring and smell to it. It took awhile for me to get use to it and I grew up having coconut on a regular basis. I just think that nyx should have picked a more user-friendly flavor and scent. This is really different from Mac’s vanilla flavor and scent.

Overall: I think that one should buy these when seeking a color to have ‘fun’ or ‘experiment’ with. A color that isn’t worn on a daily basis (ex: red or pale lavender lipstick). I would fork out the money for a neutral lipstick because I know I would use it on a daily basis so I don’t mind paying the $14 for a Mac lipstick. The smell and flavor of the lipsticks may turn some people away and I completely understand that but it is truly a money-saver.


No comments: