Monday, January 21, 2013

Mani Monday | Zoya - Aurora

Hi everyone, today's Mani Monday is featuring Zoya's Aurora. I picked up Aurora during their last promo, 3 free nail polishes just pay $10 for shipping and handling. Aurora is a shimmer type of nail polish that was released in Zoya's Ornate for Winter 2012 collection. If you folks consistently follow me, you know that I hardly ever wear shimmer/glitter nail polishes. I hardly wear them because I don't like the uneven texture of glitter/shimmer nail polishes and removing the shimmer/glitter nail polishes require extra work. After viewing swatches of Aurora, I couldn't help myself and immediately added it to my basket.

Zoya's Aurora
How I used this product: I applied Zoya's anchor base coat and then applied two coats of Zoya's Aurora. No top coat was used.

Pros: Aurora is purple base with heavy holographic shimmer. The shimmer is so fine and the coats are even! I didn't expect that at all. I thought I'd feel at least some grit but none at all. Since I opted not to use a top coat I was concerned about the dry time. I was pretty amazed that it was dry to the touch in less than five minutes!

Cons: I've worn this polish for two days and noticed two chips. Zoya's nail polishes usually last a long time before it shows some wear. I'm not sure if it's because I didn't wear a top coat. I opted not to wear a top coat because I've heard that could affect the holographic.

Although there was some chipping early on, I would repurchase this polish again regardless!

Zoya's Aurora

No comments: