Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Wedding

Hi everyone, sorry for the lack of updates but I’m leaving to move back for college this upcoming Wednesday. I just wanted to get this exciting post out and some others scheduled. So I estimated 40 minutes for each girl but I should have given myself more time. I worked from 7:30am to 1:30pm doing makeup for 7 girls. Luckily, I knew 5 out of the 7 girls so I had their foundation and concealer figured out along with their lashes already sized and cut. Majority of my clients had clear skin so concealer were not needed. So the only two foundations that I used were NC 44 and NC 42 seeing that they have cool skintones.

I tried 3 different looks on myself and I had my family vote for which look they liked. So they helped me a lot on that. I had wanted to do a chocolate brown smokey eye look on the bridesmaids since their gowns were chocolate brown with baby blue trimming but all the girls except one were NC 42 and when I tried it on 2 of the bridesmaids during a dry run I didn’t like how it turned out. So I ended up doing a dark bronzey brown which faded in the crease with a matte highlight.
Eyes
TFSI
Blackground p/p, lid
Sable e/s, lid
Soft Brown e/s & Bamboo e/s, crease
Samoa Silk e/s, crease
Blanc Type & Modest Tone e/s, highlight
Overall this experience was great! It gave me such a confidence boost because I did makeup on 2 girls who I have never seen before and they complimented me on my work. One, I might add had a monolid! This was the reason why I decided to do a dark lid and a light crease. I feel that it’s the easiest look and it compliments all eyelids. I was completely heartbroken when I forgot my memory card for my camera. So this is one of the few pictures that I got at the reception. When I do receive more pictures I’ll post them!

5 comments:

DENiSE said...

it turned out so well. both girls look so pretty. good job hun!

Unknown said...

i cant wait to see more pictures of your work. they look lovely.

may i ask what kind of foundation did you use on them? liquid, cream etc?

thanks.

noone said...

they look really good! great job on the make up, lets see some other pictures when you got time :) and good luck moving this wednesday!

P.S meeting a cute musician who writes utterly romantic tunes... of course I'm giddy like a little school girl HAHAHAHAH!!

Cristina. said...

so pretty!!!!!

yummy411 said...

they look beautiful!great job... and i love you in the bridal look below!