Saturday, February 28, 2009

Product Review: Equate Makeup Remove Wipes

So after a long day I’m sure the last thing we want to do is spend more time removing our makeup. BUT We don’t want to go to sleep with our makeup on! Solution? Equate Makeup Remover Wipes! Many rave about Mac’s Makeup Wipes but its too harsh for my sensitive skin. Plus it can cost a pretty penny; the bulk size which is the closest quantity comparison to this is $25/100 wipes (Ouch!). It can add up quick! Mac Wipes also stings my skin…not a nice tingle but a sting! It’s probably because of the acne medications I’m on. It also burns my eyes which are sensitive also. So the Equate Makeup Remover Wipes does it for me.


Product: 4 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Quality: 4 out of 5
Overall: 4 out of 5
Price: $7-8 for 2 packs of 60 wipes, total = 120 wipes
Available: At your local Walmart stores

I love these because they are so inexpensive and it gets the job done. One side has these tiny bumps which gently exfoliate the skin and the other side has a smooth surface. It also has a pleasant clean smell.

Pros: Inexpensive $7-8 for 120 wipes($0.15 per wipe)! Now that’s a great deal and I also use these wipes to do a quick job at removing eyeshadows inbetween colors (ex: from using a lid color to a crease color).

Cons: It doesn't completely remove waterproof makeup. I need to use an additional product for that.

Overall: Although it doesn’t take off waterproof makeup completely I still recommend this because its inexpensive and it seems like its forall skin types. It doesn’t irritate my skin at all and I’ve been using this for years. My cousin who uses minimal makeup also uses this and she cuts her wipes in half and stores it in a ziplock bag.

What's your favorite makeup remover?

No comments: