Saturday, January 24, 2009

Product Review: Opi's Nail Envy, Original

So I know that every girl desires, yes desires really long, strong, and healthy nails with a reasonable price tag. So after watching MissChevious informational video about her nail routine and actually seeing her really nice healthy nails I was intrigued. So I had bought some of the products that she had mentioned. One of the products that she had mentioned was OPI’s Nail Envy in the Original formula.

So I had picked this up at my local beauty store. I was fortunate enough where there was a special and there was a total of 3 OPI nail treatments and 1 nailpolish in mini versions. So that was $9.99 plus a 20% discount because of my workplace..which drops it to $7.99…SWEET! The regular full size version retailed at $16.99 so it’s awesome that I got to try other OPI nail treatments for a fraction of the price.

Product: 4 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Quality: 4 out of 5
Overall: 4 out of 5
Price: $8.99-$16.99
Available: At your local beauty store
www.head2toebeauty.com
MakeupAlley: 4.2 out of 5
Opi’s Promise: Maximum strength formula with Hydrolyzed Protein and Calcium helps nails grow harder, longer and stronger and resist peeling, cracking and splitting.

Application: One coat every other day over bare nails.
So I had applied this to my right hand nails and left my left hand bare so a comparison could be easily done. I also chose my right hand because since it's my dominant hand my nails are usually more beat up than my left hand nails. I had cut all of my nails before this experiment so it would be easier to tell which would be growing longer. So I’ve been applying Nail Envy every other day on my right hand nails for about 10 days now and here are the results.

Harder & Stronger: Yes! I’ve been pressing my nails lately and I’ve noticed that my right hand nails are stronger, harder and a little thicker than my left hand nails. I thought it was all in my head but I actually had a third party test it out and yes my right hand nails are stronger. I’ve also noticed an improvement in my right hand ring finger nail. That nail is usually beat up because I usually rest my pencil/pen on my ring finger and it sometimes fall and rest on the nail. So it is usually dented LOL I really don’t know how to explain it but it looks like there are little dents in my nail. Using Opi’s Nail Envy had diminished those dents.

Longer: Not really. Both sets of nails have the about the same length. So Nail Envy failed for me in that aspect.

Peeling, Cracking, and Splitting: I don’t have those problems with my nails so I can’t say that Nail Envy worked in that area.

Pros: It made my nails stronger, thicker and harder.

Cons: It did not make my nails longer and this product isn't cheap either. I just got a great deal on it.

Overall: I think that this product is good for anyone who’s seeking a nail hardener. Maybe for those women who just got their acrylics off? I don’t recommend purchasing this if your seeking a product that will help your nails grow faster. I think I'll use this when my nails need an extra boost. Using this continuously after the optimal level of strength has been reached will cause the nails to be brittle. They also have different formulas of this product out (Matte Nail Envy, Dry & Brittle Nail Envy, Sensitive & Peeling Nail Envy, Soft & Thin Nail Envy).

Now that this experiment is over I need to apply the Nail Envy to my left hand nails to even the nails out. Once they reach their optimal strength I’ll be moving on to Opi’s Maintenance Nail Envy.


Here are pictures of the set that it came in! Next Christmas I'll know to get more of these has gifts for friends and family.

Hope this helps!

No comments: