Monday, June 23, 2008

Product Review: Mac Volcanic Ash Exfoliator

So I had planned to pass up on the Future Earth Collection because there were many collections coming out close to each other. Future Earth was released with the Neo Sci-Fi and Solar Bits Collection. Emilee from Girl Meets Makeup suggested that I try it out and I've read some great reviews on it from Spectra. Unfortunately it's a limited edition product and it's out of stock from the Maccosmetics website. I suggest that you go to the website anyone and input your own zip code and it'll do a search of the nearest Mac counters that have it on stock near you.



Product: 5 out of 5
Packaging: 4 out of 5
Quality: 5 out of 5
Overall: 4.5 out of 5
Price: $19.00
Available at: at your nearest Mac counter

So one of the reasons why I passed up on this is because I have a number of exfoliators already. I'm not even half way through my Mac microfine refinisher but because of the good reviews I tried it out. The directions are to use it 1-3x a week, gently massaging it on your face and avoiding the delicate skin around the eye area.

PROS: It's a great exfoliator because the warmth of your body melts the sugar which exfoliates the skin. So the exfoliator has its own 'time-limit' if you like to think about it that way. Although it does a great job at exfoliating it's surprisingly gentle! I heard that the volcanic ash helps with oil control too.

CONS: The packaging needs a bit of work on. You only need a little bit of the product and it would last a long time. So I wouldn't want to contaminate the product because it's a twist top jar.

OVERALL: I'm extremely glad that Emilee suggested I tried this product. I'm actually off to buy more from Mac counter right now!

3 comments:

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Sounds divine sis! Too bad I won't be investing in any more commercial stuff but since this released, it's always had it's underlying appeal to me. Then again, what MAC product doesn't? Hah.

I hope all is well with you sis! You have to let me know when you'll be on this island.

Distinque said...

Mrs Lynne: I know I always get tired of Mac repromoting colors and changing the names to them. Course me being tired of them doesn't last too long..!

Emilee @ GMM said...

Whoot! I'm glad it worked great for you!

I have four jars of it. I'm terrified of it selling out! lol.