Sunday, May 5, 2013

Review | Sibu Beauty Sea Buckthorn Purifying Mask

Hi everyone, today's post is going to be on Sibu Beauty Sea Buckthorn Purifying Mask ($29.95, 2 fl oz.). I purchase this on Cyber Monday because of the 60% off that Sibu was having. I've used Sibu products for some time and I didn't see this on their website, I'm guessing its a new product. One of my favorite youtubers is Uppiesbeads59, also known as Crazy Miss Tammy. She's constantly masking and she inspired me to purchase this product, especially with 60% off!

This mask claims to.....
1) Purifies and refreshes skin
2) Helps slough off dead skin cells evenly
3) Reveals a fresh, youthful radiance

I applied a thin layer to my face, carefully avoiding the eye area. I had it sit on my face for 7 minutes and rinsed it away with lukewarm water. It states for best results, use 1x a week. After applying a thin layer (need half a quarter size for entire face) I noticed a slight tightening effect a minute after applying but it seemed like the tightening effect didn't continue on. I noticed some small exfoliating beads in the mask which was nice especially when I had to remove the mask. After my first use, I didn't notice anything. I've continued to use this product and haven't seen any huge improvements in my skin.

My cousin who has a complete different skin chemistry than me adores this product. She has dry skin (I have oily/combo) and she says after using this mask her skin feels smoother and clearer.

Overall, I'm not going to repurchase the product. It wasn't a complete miss seeing that I didn't have any adverse affects so I'll be finishing up the product but I'm not going to repurchase it. I'm glad that I purchased it when I did because I would be upset paying full price for a product that doesn't perform.






No comments: