Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Top 12 products of 2012

Hi everyone! Today's post happens to be on the top 12 products of 2012! I've been working on this for awhile because it is kinda of difficult to narrow down skincare, haircare, tools and makeup products to just 12! So may I present to you my top 12...

My top 12, minus the almond oil

1)   CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM SPF 30 ($13.99/3 fl oz.)
      I discovered this product from youtube guru (forgot which..) and I love it. I stopped using my Shiseido Moisturizer, my HG moisturizer for over a year, because of this. Not only is it cheaper than my Shiseido but almost double in size. It’s non greasy and I can apply more product to my face than my Shiseido before my skin stops absorbing product.

2)   Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Foundation ($36.00/1 fl oz.)
This is probably the best mattifying foundation that actually matches my skin! Finding foundation that suits your skin’s needs is easy, finding one that suits your skin’s needs AND matches you is hard! This does it for me.

3)   Bare Escentuals Matte Mineralize Foundation ($27.00/0.2 oz)
This is the best mattifying powder foundation I’ve tried and it has a good amount of yellow in it. I love yellow toned foundation because it matches my skin and also has a brightening effect to my face.

4)   Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushes ($26.00/0.2 oz)
Hands down my favorite blushes! I’ve been using their blushes almost all the time. If I could possibly sell all my non-Tarte blushes for a fair price I would. All my Mac, Nars, Rock N Republic….all of them!

5)   Nars Smudge-proof Eyeshadow Base ($24.00/0.26 oz)
This eyeshadow base made me turn my back to UD Eyeshadow Primer and Too Faced Shadow Insurance. It has the best consistency and applies invisible.

6)   Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 ($7.50/0.25 oz)
I’m almost done with my first tube of Jack’s Black and at first I thought it to be a bit overpriced at $7.50 a tube. After trying a more costly product that’s 3x! of this product. I’m not going to bring up the price tag of this product again. It’s a great moisturizing lip balm with a good amount of SPF. I also like the fact that this product is in a gel-like consistency so I don’t have to worry about it melting in my purse.

7)   Mac Blot Powder ($24.00/0.42 oz)
Although I have oily skin and use matifying foundations I still need to blot powder. This blot powder does the job and it doesn’t form a crust in the pan. This product comes in solid and loose form.

8)   Beauty Sponge ($5.95)
Ever since I’ve been using Beauty Blender dupe sponges I haven’t use any brushes with liquid foundation. These sponges lets me achieve the right amount of coverage without the cakey look. The best one I've tried so far is from LeCosmetique.

9)   Real Techniques Buffing Brush ($17.99)
The best brush for applying face products. I use mines primarily for powder foundations but I can easily see it applying contour and blush just as well. You can't purchase it separately because it's in the Core Collection. The other brushes in the collection are good as well and I already have a back up of this set.

10)  Maybelline, One by One Mascara ($7.99/0.3 fl oz)
This mascara gives my eyelashes the perfect look. I don’t like the tarantula look, so I don’t like super volumizing mascaras. The mascara brush on this also coats every single lash that I have.


11)  Almond Oil
This product was introduced to me during the later part of 2012 but this is an amazing product. I use it to remove makeup, oil treatments for my hair and also on my dogs. Both of my dogs have different types of skin problems. I’ve been using some essential oils along with this almond oil to treat them (Both dogs have high anxieties when taken to a vet, one of which is extremely sensitive to meds and hates taking them so I wanted to try a natural approach) I’ve been using almond oil as a carrier oil with a essential oil. As I'm typing this entry out I actually have tea tree oil with almond oil to treat a pimple on my cheek.


12)     Mac Eyeshadows in Blanc Type and Soft Brown
I use these eyeshadows in almost every look. Blanc type my go to highlighter and soft brown my transition color. 


I hope you enjoyed my top 12! I didn't go into depth with the products because each product deserves its own review.


No comments: