Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Product Review: Scandalous Cosmetics Eye Lights in Sky Blue

I received this loose eyeshadow/pigment as a gift from Scandalous Cosmetics when I ordered their infamous eyeshadow base (review here) because I ordered two but received only one. So I called them up and the customer service is great. The makeup artist was asking me about the weather in Hawaii and she profusely apologized for their error. Priscilla, who’s their manager, also called me apologizing and insuring that another base will be on its way along with a pigment. So here’s a review on their Eye Lights in Sky Blue.


Product: 3 out of 5
Packaging: 2 out of 5
Quality: 3 out of 5
Overall: 3 out of 5
Price: $13.00
Size: 3 gram in a screw top cap jar
Available:
www.ilovescandalous.com
Would I repurchase? No

Pros: A sifter is included in the jar which makes it convenient and less messy in the long run because it doesn’t allow the entire pile of pigment to come out.

Cons: Although it appears really vibrant in jar and when swatch it actually isn’t. I applied it over Feline Power Kohl, which is a creamy black eyeliner, and it didn’t have much of a color payoff. I even had to dampen my 239 brush to get the payoff in photos. Also the screw top lid doesn’t completely screw shut, I spent 5 minutes trying to completely close that baby but there’s still space!

Overall: I was pretty disappointed in the eyelights because the pigmentation wasn’t worth the asking price. I got better payoff from the she space pigments and they go for $4.00 for a 3 gram jar.




^^over black base

No comments: