Sunday, February 1, 2009

Product Review: Benefit Show-off, Meringue

In my last haul, one of the new things I picked up was a Benefit Show-off in the color of Meringue. Two of the important reasons why I got it was 1)it was on sale! And 2) it’s a product that I haven’t tried. Benefit’s Show-offs has been in town for a number of years. It’s something that I always look at when I’m at their counter in Macy’s which is rare because Mac mostly hogs my time.



Product: 2 out of 5
Packaging: 4 out of 5
Quality: 2 out of 5
Overall: 2 out of 5
Price: $16.00, but I got it for $12.00
Available: Benefit counter
www.benefitcosmetics.com

shimmer at just the right moment to add extra pizzazz to your look. Use them wet or dry. – Benefit


Pros: I like the packaging that this product had come in. It had a screw top and the jar itself is so different; it doesn’t look cheap.

Cons: The pigmentation isn’t there for me. I haven’t had a poor quality type of pigment for such a long time. You should have seen in the wtf? Look I had in my face. The pigmentation is poor and the finish isn’t smooth. It’s actually kind of gritty. The cost is ridiculous, when I saw the total net wt..my jaw dropped. Its net wt is 1.0 grams at $16.00(retail); totally glad I got this on sale. Mac’s pigments are about 7.5 grams at $19.50.

Overall: This is my first Show-Off from Benefit, so I don’t know how the overall Show-offs are but there isn’t anything to show-off about it? I got this color because it’s something out of what I usually get. It’s supposed to be this white frost with gray and blue shimmer but it isn’t. A close dupe with better quality is Mac’s Lark About pigment from Naughty Nauticals. I say to pass on these!
^^swatch with no base; I had tried it with a base it didn't help!

No comments: