Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Anastasia Eye Light Matte in Camille

So of ALL of the things I feel strongly about (makeup related of course) I completely stand for eyebrows! I think that if there's ONLY one thing a girl can do in her makeup routine, it would be the eyebrows. Eyebrows simply frames the face, it holds everything together. Ever saw a girl with bomb ass blending skills and her eyebrows aren't done or it's done poorly? yah...not a pretty sight. I mean I'm no Picasso with my eyebrows but I don't think I fill them in poorly either. Since I absolutely love eyebrows, I've tried many eyebrow products along the way...so why not review them right?

These reviews are simply my personal opinions of these products. I do add ratings of these products from MakeupAlley and Sephora just to give readers a taste of what the others think of them also.
Product: 5 out of 5
Packaging: 4 out of 5
Quality: 4.5 out of 5
Overall: 4 out of 5
Price: $21 from Sephora

Available: Sephora

**Other Ratings**
MakeupAlley: 4.8 out of 5
Sephora: 5 out of 5

Application: After filling eyebrows in line the bottom and top (optional) of eyebrows with the Eye Lights. Then with a small flat brush or clean finger blend out the line till the harsh lines aren't visible.

Pros: The shade Camille I believe would flatter any skin color. I was a bit hesitant on choosing this shade because I'm tan but it works out. It can be used on its own too. It just gives a nice natural highlight to the arch of the eyebrow. The pencil should last a long time because it's thicker than usual and it's pretty long too. I think with everyday usage it should last at least 9 months. I think it would last at least a good year for me.

Cons: The price is a bit much but like I mentioned earlier it does last a pretty long time. Also since it's a thicker pencil I had to purchase a large pencil sharpener.

Overall: I think that this is a great product to invest in because it can be used in a makeup look or on its own. It's also great because it's a matte highlighter that has no shimmer. If shimmer is desired then a brush of a shimmer eyeshadow over the eye lights.

Hope this helps!

No comments: