Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My Top 5 Mac Eyeshadow Brushes

So I have many brushes from many companies from Clinique to Mac and the brands in between. So recently I've noticed that I haven't bought any new brushes lately...I guess I'm content with the brushes I have now. For a newbie that's starting out I guess the world of brushes can be a bit confusing and overwhelming. I'm sure there are really nice retail people that can help a girl out but let's get this straight they have their own goals to make and it would be easy to sell products to a newcomer than to one that is a bit more experienced.

So here are my top 5 Mac eyeshadow brushes! These are my top 5 so it WILL differ with someone else...and these are in random order.

1. Mac's 242 Shader Brush ($23): A great brush for applying eyeshadow bases like Mac paints, paintpots, and UDPP. Also great for applying concealer on the heavier side and for 'packing' on eyeshadow. It's Mac sister brush is the Mac 252 Large Shader Brush, both does the same purpose but I recommend the 242 because it's easier to control and it can get to the hard to reach places that a Mac 252 can't reach.

2. Mac's 239 Eye Shading Brush ($24.50): Another great brush for 'packing' on eyeshadows because it's dense yet soft.

3. Mac's 217 Blending Brush ($22.50) or Mac's 224 Tapered Blending Brush ($28.00): I had put 'or' for these brushes because their purposes are very similar. Their purpose is to BLEND! It actually comes down to your preference and your crease. The Mac 217 bristles are a bit firmer and more clustered together while Mac 224 bristles are a bit softer and their bristles are kind of spread out. I personally prefer the 217 over the 224, don't get me wrong I do use the 224 but if I had to pick between the two I would go for the 217. These blending brushes can be also used for applying concealer lightly.

4. Mac's 219 Pencil Brush ($19.00): A great brush for applying eyeshadow as a liner and to smoke out pencil eyeliners. I also use it to apply eyeshadow in the crease then I use a blender brush to blend the colors.

5. Mac's 266 Small Angle Brush ($19.00): A great brush for applying gel and liquid eyeliners. Some people use this brush to fill in their eyebrows but I prefer a thicker angle brush like Smashbox #12.

So out of Mac's 25 eye brushes here are my top 5!

Hope this helps:)

1 comment:

na said...

Great selections! I definitely have to agree with these. :)