Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Review | Real Techniques Starter Kit


Hey everyone! Today I have a review on the Real Techniques Starter Kit. The reason why I started a review on these items is because a good friend wanted some affordable brush recommendation and I recommend these products.

Price: $17.99
Available: Ulta (Buy one get one 50% off ends 7/5/2014) don't forget to shop through ebates!

This set consists of five brushes: base shadow brush, accent brush, pixel-point eyeliner brush, brow brush and a deluxe crease brush. All of the brushes are labeled at the end of the handle. These brushes don't need to be used for what they are labeled for. Here are my favorite uses for these brushes:

Base shadow brush: applying and blending eyeshadows
Accent brush: applying eyeshadow to the inner corner of the eye and to the lower lash line
Pixel-point eyeliner brush: to apply eyeliner
Deluxe crease brush: to blend eyeshadows and to apply concealer to undereye area
Brow brush: Apply eyeshadow to lashlines

The set of brushes also comes with a 2 in 1 case and stand.
Brushes in their 2 in 1 case and stand


Pros: I've had these brushes since they were first released in 2011 and they're all in great condition. I have no problems with them shedding or bleeding. My favorite brushes are the deluxe crease brush, accent brush and the base shadow brush. Best part...100% cruelty free!

Cons: Of all of the brushes the brushes that I don't reach for often are the brow brush and the pixel point eyeliner. Although the case is cool I haven't found myself using them at all.

Overall: A great set of brushes for a deal, it ends up being $3.60 a brush! It's also great to support the Pixiwoo sisters, one of the best makeup tutorials gurus on YouTube.

- Shayna




No comments: