Friday, December 28, 2012

Haul | VIB Coupon Haul

Hi everyone, today I'm sharing my VIB Coupon Haul. This is my 2nd year as a VIB and a perk that I learned the first year was that a money off ($15 off, minimum purchase of $50?) coupon will be issued AFTER the Sephora Friends and Family. The first year it happened I was caught unexpected and already purchased all my wants/desires/must-have items in the Friends and Family Sale. So I actually had to search the site for products to buy, it was actually tougher than expected.

This year I saved enough products in my cart specifically for that coupon (last week of Nov to first week of Dec). I spent more this year than last year and received a $20 off coupon instead. Since these products aren't offered at my store I had to purchase them online and even with the discount to bring the total down to $38 I was still eligible for free shipping:) The two products that I purchased were...



1) Make Up For Ever, Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation in #65 Golden Beige $36

My Sephora store doesn't carry the Mat Velvet + line because of the lack of space. When I went to Oahu for the weekend I got color matched at the Sephora store  that carried the line. The makeup artist matched me to #60 Honey Beige, medium deep skin with beige pink undertones. She just color matched my chin and not my whole face. When I went about ordering it I saw the description of the shade and thought against and ordered #65 Golden Beige instead. I have yellow undertones (I'm Asian!) and the description for #65 is medium skin with yellow undertones. It matches perfectly!

2) Make Up For Ever, Aqua Brow in 25 Ash $20

Purchased this because one of the biggest problem I have with my eyebrows is that it fades throughout the day. With having oily skin, the products that I've used so far gets oiled up and smears/fades away. This gel-like product claims that it has a superior waterproof formula that creates a strong hold while its high concentration of pigments allows for intense color payoff that will not fade.

I'm currently reviewing the products so check back for a review on them!

- Distinque

No comments: