Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Review: Essie - Chinchilly



Hi everyone, so today I have a new nail polish from Essie called Chinchilly. I was at CVS/Longs Drugs and checking out their usual sales in the cosmetic area and I saw a $2 off coupon any Essie nail polish/nail treatment. So of course I had to pick one up (practiced discipline here because I really wanted to get two) so I was debating between Chinchilly and this nude color. I haven't found the perfect nude nail polish and I'm still on the hunt for it (any recommendations?) So to be safe I picked Chinchilly.

Chinchilly is the exact color of a chinchilla. Not a perfect gray color but more so of a gray/taupe color. I decided on a gray because it reminds me of OPI - You don't know Jacques, one of my favorite nail polishes. They're not dupes but are from the gray family. Now Essie and I have a love and hate relationship. Essie creates a lot of creme finishes, my favorite finish, but I've never been consistently pleased with their nail polishes. Hit or miss with me and most times it has been misses because of the quality of the nail polish. Runny and so-so pigmentation but I do pick a nail polish up if it interests me. Chinchilly is a unique color that is very work place appropriate. I personally think that it looks okay against my skintone but I do prefer OPI, You don't know Jacques a brown/gray color. I used two coats and it isn't as opaque as I expect it to be and as I write this blog entry I can see it wearing off at the tips and it's only the second day of application.

No comments: