Wednesday, December 21, 2011

2011 New Year's Resolutions


**Bare faced**

So every year I make a lot of new year's resolutions and every year I don't even meet half of them...except this year. I made nine resolutions and I completed eight out of nine, which is pretty damn good to me. I actually completed seven out of nine resolutions by June and I've been working on the last two. Of course, those two resolutions dealt with two of my weaknesses: makeup and weight loss.

Last week I actually met a goal weight resolution. Almost every year I make a resolution concerning my weight and every year I fail. My goal was to lose 20 pounds and I thought I wasn't going to make it but I joined 24 Hour Fitness in August/September because they were advertising a reasonable membership price of $25/month. I worked out 4x a week and increased the intensity and workouts to 6x a week. I started off slowly cause the last time I was in a gym was Dec 2010. I'm happy to say I'm at the lowest weight I have ever been in about five years, a total loss of 35 pounds:)

The next weakness is makeup. I had set a budget amount of $800 and I exceeded that budget. I made my 2010 makeup budget of $500 by the way. $800?!??! I know crazy right? but also take into consideration that I'm not a big shopper when it comes to clothes because well I don't fit the cute ones! and I'm into basics (ex: plain v-neck shirt with jeans). Although it sucks not making my resolution on makeup, this year I was actually adventurous with drug store makeup and investing in skincare items. I must give credit to drug store makeup, oh my have they stepped up their game (along with their price, eek! thank goodness for sales). I'm not sorry for spending money on skincare items because it only benefits the skin. So yes, my HG Shiseido moisturizer with SPF you're worth the $30.

I'm now thinking of resolutions for 2012. Yes, there will be a makeup budget in there.

Did you meet your New Year's Resolutions?

2 comments:

yummy411 said...

congrats on meeting your weight loss goals! i want to be like you!

Distinque said...

Thanks!!! So hard to lose weight but very rewarding too. You can do it!