Sunday, August 8, 2010

Product Review: Revlon, Peach Petal

Jen, frmheadtotoe, got me interested in this nail polish, Revlon Peach Petal that was just released from their summer 2010 line. I was then on a mission to find it! Find it I did at my local CVS but I refuse to pay the price tag of $5.75+ (sorry I forgot the exact amount but I know its above this). Since it was just released, I waited for the price to go down to reach the regular price of their other nail polishes. I found Peach Petal at my local walmart for an even cheaper price of $3.88, I was sold!

Product: 3 out of 5
Packaging: 4 out of 5
Quality: 2 out of 5

Color: 5 out of 5; A creamy peach color with absolutely no glitter or shimmer

Overall: 3.5 out of 5

Price: $3.88
Available: any locations that Revlon is sold

Pros: A beautiful peach cream color that I haven’t seen in many nail polishes, a real unique color. I also like it because it’s a matte formula which I tend to prefer over shimmers. I love how this really makes the nails look really clean and sophisticated. It reminds me of Mac’s seasonal peach.

Cons: This has to be one of the worst nail polishes I have ever tried. It’s streaky and requires at least 3 (thin) coats or 2 (thick) coats for the color to match what is in the bottle. I applied 2 thick coats then 2 thin coats. I also experience air bubbles; at least one on every nail. I hardly experience air bubbles when I paint my nails because I know to turn off anything that is circulating air. The formula is a little on the watery side but not too much.

Overall: A unique color that is hell to apply!




^ There's still some of the nail appearing through the 2 coats, more coats needed


3 comments:

JANE said...

It's sucha nice flirty color, too bad it's streaky! That's the worse! Are all Revlon polishes like that?

Distinque said...

LadyJane: Yes, it's such a cute color hopefully I can find a dupe for this with a better formula. I don't believe all of the Revlon polishes are like this one but I have just a few of the Revlon polishes and it has been awhile since I used one. Don't worry though, I just purchased another Revlon nail polish that I'll be reviewing within a week. Thanks for visiting!

Ai Ellico Baja said...

Great color, but sucks that is doesn't apply well.