Thursday, August 26, 2010

Product Review: Michelle Phan's Homemade Nose Strip

So I'm a subscriber to Michelle Phan's and one of the videos that she recently made was for homemade nose strips. I was instantly interested because I no longer use pore strips simply because they're expensive ($6-$8 for 8 strips). So when I saw the title of Michelle Phan's video I just had to 'click'.

Overall: 3 out 5

So the only ingredients that are needed are Knox and milk in equal amounts. I think the quantity that Michelle used is too much because I needed up using about a 1/4 of the mixture so maybe reduce the ingredient size to half a tablespoon of each.

Did it work? Yes it did! It took a total of 15 minutes for the mixture to dry and harden. I applied 1 thick coat so that the strip would come off in one piece. My good friend, Dana, also tried it but it didn't work for her. I asked her if she applied a thick layer and she didn't because the strip came off in pieces. So I think the key is to apply a thick layer.

Cons: Knox smells horrible. It really is awful, the smell is indescribable! I think I would rather smell poo than Knox. It doesn't help that it is applied in the nose area either. The smell lasts until the nose strip is completely dry ...damn right! I had to grab my Bath & Body wallflower and place it under my nose for a good 10+ mins! Sweet Pea to my rescue.

I'll do this homemade nose strip again because I bought 3 boxes of Knox each containing 3 packets (1 box, 3 packets = $1.50? at walmart). I'm so not looking forward to smelling Knox though.

1 comment:

Ai Ellico Baja said...

I really wanted to try this, but I was on the reluctant side. Thanks for the great post!