Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Product Review: Coastal Scents 88 Eyeshadow Palette (Matte & Shimmer)

So I believe I mentioned in a couple of posts that I own both the matte and shimmer Coastal Scents 88 Eyeshadow Palettes. I got my sister to get it for me for Christmas. I’ve done some looks here. ..and swatches here. So check them out! But now it’s time for the review!

Product: 4 out of 5
Packaging: 3.5 out of 5
Quality: 3.5 out of 5
Overall: 4 out of 5
Price: $21.95
Would I repurchase this item? No
Available: CoastalScents.com and on Ebay

Pros: 88 eyeshadow for a great price of $21.95 ($0.25 per eyeshadow). The pigmentation is great for both matte and shimmer but the matte’s pigmentation is much more than the shimmer. It’s usually the case though because the formulation. It also comes in a pretty durable palette.

Cons: The eyeshadows are difficult to blend. So I totally recommended the eyeshadows for lid & highlight placement. I have never been really pleased with the blending of the coastal scents eyeshadows in my crease. The packaging is durable which is a pro but I HATE the shiny plastic that they use…fingerprints are all over mines. Also since the palette is big I would expect a bigger mirror but there’s only a tiny one. I also noticed with the shimmer palette, there’s crazy fallout!

Overall: If you’re new to makeup or if you don’t have much colors to work with then I suggest these palettes. I recommended these for lid and highlight placement because they are hard to blend in the crease (hard but not impossible). It's something worth checking out especially the matte palette.




1 comment:

noone said...

oh cool review!! I usually don't like the shiny plastic they use too cuz it makes everything look so much more dirty hehe