Tuesday, February 17, 2009

TKB Trading Haul

Taste the Rainbow! haha, really though! Aren't these pigment eyepopping? I've bought from TKB Trading before. I've decided to buy from them again because I was looking for good yet affordable lip brushes to give out for Christmas. Yes, I am one of those rare people that shop for Christmas early. If I see a good deal I get it especially If I know that it suits that person. I must admit I do give awesome gifts;) A lot of thought goes into it. So I snatched a total of 6 lip retractable brushes, my second Pop Sampler, and a blush in blush beige.

I've bought pigments from many companies and TKB trading gives the biggest samples. A whole tablespoon for $1.50. The usually sample pigment size and price is 1/4 teaspoon for $1-$2...that's right a 1/4 teaspoon. TKB trading is a huge distributor to smaller companies so might as well skip the middle person and go straight to the source.
TKB pop sampler includes 7 primary colors; Blueberry, Green Apple, Tangerine, Lemon Drop, Strawberry, Raspberry, and Grape. I added additional tablespoons of Black Mica, Matte Texture Base and Pearl White Mica for $1.50 each. So with these primary colors you can create other colors from these. TKB Trading also has a 40 page recipe book on how to create other colors. Yes, I've also tried the recipe book and created pigment mixes of my own and it does work!
Check that blush out! It can also be used as an eyeshadow pigment.


TKB retractable lip brush compared to a Pilot pen. Last time I checked, TKB still got these on stock!

2 comments:

gingitsune said...

Did they mail you the recipe book? Thinking of ordering from them. Thanks!

Distinque said...

Joy: The recipe book is available on their website, it's like 40+ pages in a PDF format. Hope that helps